I loooove this. Miss Roberts always tells me to "build up", "add more", and "layer it". Which has really resonated with me and when I apply it and it gives my art so much more depth and interest. However Sarah Sze does not need to be told that. Her "building up" is amazing. This interests me so much more than a flat painting on a canvas. I really like varying heights and shapes in art. Sze does that here. I built up in my flower board, but not in the others. I'll think about how I can do that in these last few weeks before the show.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
alternative exhibit
I loooove this. Miss Roberts always tells me to "build up", "add more", and "layer it". Which has really resonated with me and when I apply it and it gives my art so much more depth and interest. However Sarah Sze does not need to be told that. Her "building up" is amazing. This interests me so much more than a flat painting on a canvas. I really like varying heights and shapes in art. Sze does that here. I built up in my flower board, but not in the others. I'll think about how I can do that in these last few weeks before the show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment